When you click on this link, you may see the following at the top of your Internet Explorer browser.
SAVE the application on your computer:
- Click on the yellow bar and choose Download File (this may not appear on your computer).
- Choose Save (not Open).
- Save the zipped folder to the desktop.
- You will see “Download Complete“; click Close (do not click Run).
- The name of this folder will be Radiology_Application_updated_1.9.2013 OR Medical_Application_2012.zip
- The application files are attached in a zipped folder.
- You will need to “unzip” or “extract all” files in this zipped folder.
- Right click on the zipped folder and choose either Unzip or Extract All.
- Extract the files to the desktop.
Medical and/or Radiology Application
- Fill out the application completely.
- Include a resume if you have one. We love to receive resumes and appreciate the time and effort it takes to put one together. However, we will not review a resume unless it is accompanied by a completed application form and the transcribed test dictations.
Applicant Standards, Guidelines, and Sample Reports
- Please follow the Applicant Guidelines and Standards closely. It is important that you not only transcribe the dictation adequately, but that you follow directions and produce a document that is formatted exactly the way our clients request.
- A good deal of research is necessary when completing a difficult dictation. You will be limited because you do not have access to related reports while testing. Do your best.
- For the medical application look carefully through the provided sample reports to assist with your transcription. Remember, dictators often repeat various words/phrases within their reports.
- Load the dictation files into your transcription software and transcribe.
- The medical transcription test consists of four voice files, of which you must complete all four. These dictations vary in difficulty so that we can assess your skills and experience. If you are not 100% certain of any part of the dictation, please leave a blank, as instructed in the guidelines. Excessive blanks in your transcription will tell us what level of difficulty you are prepared for, but guesses or incorrect transcription will disqualify you.
- After you complete the transcription test, copy and paste the document with all reports to the end of your application document. Medical Transcription Test has FOUR documents. Radiology Transcription Test has SEVEN documents.
We will be looking closely at the following:
- Did you follow the instructions and standards exactly?
- Did you guess at any of the dictation you did or did you use good judgement in using blanks where you were not sure?
- Did you use the keys and samples to help you research some of the more difficult dictation?
- Did you proofread everything?
- How complete was your test?
Express Scribe Transcription Software Instructions
Instructions on downloading and using Express Scribe Transcription Software are included in the download.
Submit your application
When your application is complete, attach it to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect after you submit your application
- You will be notified of your result whether you pass or fail. However, we do not provide copies of your corrected application testing. If your application meets our criteria, you will be offered an opportunity to proceed to the next step in the intake process.
- You will receive results via email. Please check your SPAM folder as well. It is our goal to respond as quickly as possible. We process a high volume of applications daily, so if you have not heard from us within a week, please feel free to inquire about the status of your application.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.